Happy December everyone! It is almost 2018. For me, this is the time of the year that most people start to look at their goals and re-evaluate what they have accomplished and what their new goals will be, myself included. I am very excited for snow and hopefully, by the start of the new year, snow will start to hit the Colorado area. Alex and I are also celebrating our
1 2 3 4 5 year anniversary!! Yep, 5 years. I’m super excited for that day and excited to spend time together, remembering how far we have come and why I love having him in my life!
So, before I go full-force into the new month I am going to re-cap 5 highlights from the month of November and 2 goals that I have this December. Hope you guys enjoy!
5 HIGHLIGHTS FROM NOVEMBER
1. I have a new and improved desk situation! Recently Alex and I switched desks since he did not use the standing feature on it and didn’t need so much space for just his computer. I took it over and I love having a designated place to work! Let me know if you would like to see a desk tour post. I used everything that I already had around the house to set it up, so no money spent (Alex is happy about that one, ha).
2. I baked my first lemon meringue pie and it wasn’t half bad. If you know me in real life, you might be aware that I pretty much hate cooking. Alex is the chef of the house and I take full advantage of his knife skills. Something that I do like though is baking. There is something so relaxing to me about baking- probably the fact that it comes down to a complete science and there is no variability in the recipe. Everything about baking is so clear-cut and each step is necessary and substitutions are risky. Anywho, the pie came out pretty good. Gonna work on perfecting the crust next time as something just seemed off this time around; it’s all about those goals!
3. A goal that I had last month was to work on my physical health and get a medical issue that I have been dealing with nipped in the bud. Thankfully, I saw a gastroenterologist and he hooked me up with the tools necessary to get back to full health and I have seen a difference! It just takes some patience and time, but I am happy things are looking up.
4. Alex and I bought the Nintendo Switch and oh boy, this thing is dangerous. It is so addicting because of the portability and how easy it is to pop it on the tv. Alex and I play it at least once a day! Also, when our friends are over, we definitely pull out Mario Kart. I am not a big video game player but, but Nintendo just does it right. I love playing it and so glad we picked one up as an early present to ourselves.
5. I have been really into skincare this month. I have picked up a few goodies, such as this Pixi Glow Tonic and the Garnier Face Moisturizer and I have noticed significant differences in the way my skin looks. Spending just a couple extra minutes at the end of the day doing skincare makes me feel great. I tend to feel so much more relaxed and calm. oh, I could talk about my love of skincare forever.
now on to the goals…
2 GOALS FOR DECEMBER
1. Re-wire my schedule. This month is going to mark the first month of me having a new work schedule. I plan on having more time to blog and put towards my online work. I am currently in the process of creating a new schedule and ideally, I would like to have it be solid by the start of the new year.
2. Work on getting better at social media. This is such a first-world problem and it is a little ridiculous, I know but hear me out. I follow some really amazingly driven and hard working people on Instagram and it is impressive how much time and energy they put into their “Instagram work”. I want to focus on posting more often on social media and engaging more with the community that I love to follow!
That wraps up my November highlights post. Hope you guys enjoyed and stayed tuned for a fashion post coming up on Friday!!